Did you know nine out of ten low income students in Texas drop out of college? ScholarShot has reversed this statistic by helping 90% of our Scholars remain on track to graduate through personalized academic management and financial assistance. Although our model has continued to support Scholars toward degree completion, mentors are crucial to building a network of personal and professional resources for them.
- Attend ScholarShot mentor training
- Text/call/email your Scholar 1-2 times a month
- Meet with Scholar personally at least once/semester (3 times a year) in a visible, public location
- Attend at least one ScholarShot sponsored event a year
- Plan to remain your Scholar’s mentor throughout college completion, if possible
- Complete quarterly mentor tracking form
- Report any immediate student or mentor concerns to staff