Each ScholarShot Scholar is matched with an Academic Manager to monitor progress. Students are required to submit bi-monthly updates on grades, course progress, concerns and successes. Our Academic Managers are skilled at navigating college degree plans to hold schools and our ScholarShot Scholars accountable. More than just funding, this hands-on management is the proven difference in the success of our program.
Funding varies according to the institution the student is attending: up to $3,000 per year for a 2-year institution, or up to $6,000 per year for a 4 year institution. Funding is only available for in-state accredited public institutions.
MENTORING A SCHOLARSHOT SCHOLAR
To establish a mutually enjoyable relationship and walk alongside your Scholar as a stable, reliable friend who speaks into your Scholar’s life with respect and wisdom.
- Provide a positive role model
- Encourage focus on goals and if necessary, goal re-set
- Stress the importance of post-secondary education/college completion
- Help build a network of personal and professional resources and support
- Complete a volunteer application with references and background check
- Schedule an interview with the ScholarShot Program Director or Mentor Coordinator
- A commitment of about 2 hours per month
- Attend ScholarShot mentor training, usually April or May
- Text/call/email your scholar 1-2 times a month
- Meet with Scholar personally at least once/semester (3 times a year) in a visible, public location
- Attend our annual student recognition event, the Cook-In, with your Scholar
- Plan to remain your Scholar’s mentor throughout college completion, if possible
- Help identify summer intern opportunities and/or other resource development
- Report any student or mentor concerns to the Program Director or Academic Manager
WAYS WE SUPPORT YOU
- Two hour mentor training
- Scholar and Mentor events for getting to know each other and supporting your Scholar
- Student need/academic support from ScholarShot staff and Mentor Coordinator as needed
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is ScholarShot?
Can anyone apply?
Is there a G.P.A. requirement?
I am not a U.S. Citizen; can I still apply?
How much funding is available?
How does the program work?
What is the application deadline?
Where do I access the ScholarShot application?
To begin your application, you will need to visit scholarshot.fluidreview.com. Once you have pressed “Submit” your application will be transmitted to ScholarShot for further consideration!