Each ScholarShot Scholar is matched with an Academic Manager to develop degree plans, budgets and monitor progress. Students are required to submit bi-monthly updates on grades, course progress, concerns and successes. More than just funding, this hands-on management is the proven difference in the success of our program.
Funding varies according to the institution the student is attending: up to $3,000 per year for a 2-year institution, or up to $6,000 per year for a 4 year institution. Funding is only available for in-state accredited public institutions.
MENTORING A SCHOLARSHOT SCHOLAR
To establish a mutually enjoyable relationship and walk alongside your Scholar as a stable, reliable friend who speaks into your Scholar’s life with respect and wisdom.
- Provide a positive role model
- Encourage focus on goals and if necessary, goal re-set
- Stress the importance of post-secondary education/college completion
- Help build a network of personal and professional resources and support
- Complete a volunteer application with references and background check
- Schedule an interview with the ScholarShot Team
- A commitment of about 2 hours per month
- Attend ScholarShot mentor training
- Text/call/email your scholar 1-2 times a month
- Meet with Scholar personally at least once/semester (3 times a year) in a visible, public location
- Attend our annual student recognition event, the Cook-In, with your Scholar
- Plan to remain your Scholar’s mentor throughout college completion, if possible
- Help identify summer intern opportunities and/or other resource development
- Report any student or mentor concerns to Academic Managers
WAYS WE SUPPORT YOU
- Two hour mentor training
- Scholar and Mentor events for getting to know each other and supporting your Scholar
- Student need/academic support from ScholarShot staff
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is ScholarShot?
Can anyone apply?
Is there a G.P.A. requirement?
I am not a U.S. Citizen; can I still apply?
How much funding is available?
How does the program work?
What is the application deadline?
Where do I access the ScholarShot application?
To begin your application, you will need to visit scholarshot.fluidreview.com. Once you have pressed “Submit” your application will be transmitted to ScholarShot for further consideration!