If you want to learn more about our mentor program, please join us for our next Mentor Training on Tuesday, August 13 at 6pm. Please click here for details and to register.
Did you know nine out of ten low income students in Texas drop out of college? ScholarShot has reversed this statistic by helping 90% of our Scholars remain on track to graduate through personalized academic management and financial assistance. Although our model has continued to support Scholars toward degree completion, mentors are crucial to building a network of personal and professional resources for them.
- Complete a mentor application with references
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Possess an associates, bachelors or vocational degree
- Attend ScholarShot mentor training
- Text/call/email your Scholar 1-2 times a month
- Meet with Scholar personally at least once/semester (3 times a year) in a visible, public location
- Attend at least one ScholarShot sponsored event a year
- Plan to remain your Scholar’s mentor throughout college completion, if possible
- Complete quarterly mentor tracking form
- Report any immediate student or mentor concerns to staff
- ScholarShot Mentor Flyer
- Mentor Application & Online Tracking From Instructions
- Tips for Interacting With Your Scholar